13 August 2009

as i was just reminded...

Cub & I arrived in NYC hours before the blackout hit. We reached our hotel room just in time, because minutes later electronic keys were worthless. We had to explore the area separately that first night (because someone had to stay in the room to let the other back in). We had seventeen flights(!) to contend with and dined on vendor-cart hot dogs, but I would not give up the experience of witnessing the camaraderie that this city hides under it's tough, dirty core.

I would've climbed 34 flights for it.

No comments:

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.