08 May 2009

...nor do i know these birds, just that they clung to the side of a steep cliff and if my husband would have seen me taking this, he'd have shit himse

nor do i know these birds, just that they clung to the side of a steep cliff and if my husband would have seen me taking this, he'd have shit himself.

Tuesday, I strolled Governor's Island, (which to paraphrase the Simpson's is actually a peninsula) just to see if it was tick season yet. It is. Although I didn't encounter any until I got home where my neighbor made the official declaration. (I tend to get off subject rather quickly, don't I?) Anyway, I photographed these birds along the cliffs of the former. Cliffs to which I was hanging off the edge of. See the whole set from that day here.

I'll let you in on a little secret. This photo was doctored. I tweak most of my photos with levels, burning, sharpening filters, etc. But this one I potato-chopped the hell out of, as it is actually three separate shots. Those birds were flying in and out of those nests, well, like they were nesting or something, so it wasn't easy getting them to pose. So, I just shot a dozen and combined my favorites.

If you should find my work satisfactory, please note that I am currently looking for employment. Thank you.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I was going to leave a comment of my own, but there's no way I can beat the comment on your Flicker account from that bird on the right. Too funny!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.