01 April 2009

you've been poked

you've been poked

I spent Monday baking things that I hope will survive a trip to Afghanistan. Cub's friend, Matt is currently serving over there. I did a little research as to what other people has already successfully shipped, but nixed all their suggestions, instead going with the densest possible foods for the sake of keeping the United State Post Office in business! Our government has some debt, in case you're not in the loop. And you're welcome!

In addition to shortbread, I also made macaroons and molasses cookies, plus threw in a few bags of nuts and 4-5 magazines. But most importantly, packed it all in hot-air popped popcorn! One tip that I actually did take to heart! So, Afghanistan's environment has nothing to fear! Although, I think they have more pressing matters.

No comments:

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.