19 April 2009

doh!

doh!

I did not intend to make French bread from scratch this week. I usually go the easy route and throw a bunch of separately unappealing ingredients in the bread maker, and four hours later, voila! Bread! But for some reason my cookbook was open to the French bread dough recipe, and it wasn't until I had gotten to the last ingredient and read "1 egg white" that I realized I'd been tricked into kneading and baking this bread traditionally. Which was no problem since I had no where to be. It produced a lovely loaf as well, instead of the oblong block of bread we've become accustomed to having. Guess I should just stick to this recipe in the future.

Again. Where do I have to be?

Know any bakeries hiring?

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Nice picture. Somehow you've managed to make an unbaked blob of dough look delicious. Now I want to make some!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.