17 January 2009

star bokeh

star bokeh

I've been meaning to try my hand at making my own filter. The nice thing about having a lensbaby 2.0 is that the aperture rings magnetically attach inside the lens, so all you need to do is cut a small piece of gaffers tape into the shape you desire. (Although, I see they are way ahead of me!) I went with the ever popular star filter, and got about 8 shots in before my shutter decided it had had enough of this cold, cruel world. So, three quarters of my images are now black. As if I needed a stronger excuse to have a new camera.

4 comments:

Luke said...

Bokeh?

Jeanna said...

Cool. I know nothing of gaffer's tape.

bon bon said...

photographer's use it. duct or electrical tape will work too. here's an article on how to make your own using a normal lens—
yay!

Jeanna said...

Thanks!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.