28 January 2009

outdoors

outdoors

While watching The Universe last night on the History channel, I was blown away by a simple comment made by one of the presenters. While showing a solar eclipse, she pointed out that only Earth has the unique view of a moon that perfectly matches the sun in size from it's perspective. My first thought was, man, someone did way too much math figuring THAT one out, immediately followed by, wait, why has this unbelievable fact never occurred to me before? Granted, I'm not some space nerd who follows what NASA is up to, but this is simply a matter of looking up! The moon is a perfect fit over the sun! What are the odds? Think about it.

Think, damn you!

3 comments:

Dan said...

I can't think damnit, it hurts too much.

Jeanna said...

I did not know that. Great photo. Hope you get out today (Saturday), it's gorgeous.
Go Steelers.

Jeff said...

Don't make me think about astronomical stuff, it makes my brain splode. I can't fathom the concept of space, time and infinity so I try to focus on much simpler things. Like for instance... your beautiful picture!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.