02 November 2008

gourd bless america

goard bless america

Time could have been better spent on creating a more permanent art piece, of course. But I'm a sucker for slicing into a pumpkin. This particular pumpkin is pretty big, and I didn't take into consideration how thick it was, so a simple candle wasn't producing enough background light. I had to nuke this sucker with a 60 watt. Which is why I couldn't shoot it straight on.

Clicking on the photo will take you to my flickr account where you can see two other angles.

And incase you couldn't tell, this is a portrait of our next president...John McCain. Future President of the Gourd Association of America.

5 comments:

Jeanna said...

Hey, I hope you had a Happy Halloween, Phantom Kitty. Did you go to State Street? I spent way too long down there on Friday.
Kisses to both Kensi and Nigel.

bon bon said...

i didn't. stayed home and doled out candy. you got some great shots! perfect weather for...well, anything!

Jeanna said...

It was perfect and I can't believe today. Will be an even huger turn out if it's this nice tmw.
I have to get all my photos together and put them up on flickr. You know how that is.

amy said...

Nicely done. I tried to do the plain ol' Obama logo in my pumpkin and screwed it up. It ended up being a pumpkin pumpkin.

Donna said...

The pumpkin looks awesome!!!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.