14 May 2008

dave @ work

dave @ work

This is my son, Cub's third dinosaur tattoo. All relatively this same size. Why he keeps getting dinosaurs is a mystery even to him as he has no real interest in them as a subject. Only as tattoos. But they've all turned out pretty cool, each done by Dave Nielsen shown here, from Steve's Tattoo. As an artist myself, I appreciate his skills, even though I personally don't feel the need for a tattoo. I'm too fickle about the art I hang on my walls. What are the chances I'd want to see something on my body for the rest of my life? I told him I'd come back when I'm about 80. I may have settled on one by then.

2 comments:

thechrisproject said...

80 year olds get tattoos too! I go by this rule: I have to want the tattoo for at least 3 years before I get it. I only have one, but have another 3 or 4 that have passed the 3 year mark, but it's still hard to decide.

bon bon said...

cub is a bit more impromtu. like, make the appointment and hope you find a design before you get there. my rule is easier: avoid tattoos. :o)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.