21 March 2008

"johnneeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

"johnneeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

Played hooky/paparazzi yesterday. I had no intentions of driving back to Columbus, but when I saw other people on flickr getting some really great shots of Johnny, making it seem like it wasn't that difficult to get, I decided to give it a shot myself! I got some insider tips from PBHGirl, arrived in town around 6:30am, and figured out the pattern of where he traveled. Unfortunately, it took me nine hours to be at the right place at the right time, but I left happy.

What is it about human nature that we feel such excitement over seeing a celebrity? I can speculate that it has something to do with connecting with other people, but frankly, if I saw Johnny Depp and no one was around to tell, I'd be just as excited. So, that blows that theory out the window.

If someone is willing to challenge this by devising a plan and making us the last two people on Earth, I'll do my part in this experiment to advance the field of psychology.

8 comments:

Dan said...

Is it me or is he looking rather elderly?

bon bon said...

it's make up! don't make me come over there!

johnny has a portrait of dorian gray hanging in his home, so i'm not concerned.

S.A.S. said...

And I told everyone at work I thought you had a migraine!

Michelle said...

Ooh, so you got your shot too! Excellent. Thanks for linking me, BTW. Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but maybe next time. :)

--Michelle (PBHgirl)

amy said...

A celebrity is one thing -- Johnny Depp is another. Good work! Um, can I come with you next time?

Luke said...

Is Johnny Depp going to be my new daddy?

bon bon said...

thanks again, michelle!

amy, i agree with you completely.

maybe if you pray really hard to baby jesus, son, he'll hear you...

tlc said...

If Johnny is Luke's new daddy I promise only to come over and look, not touch. Well, promise might be too strong a word...

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.