04 November 2007

robyn in motion

robyn in motion

Last night we saw Robyn Hitchcock in concert. No back up, just him. Shawn Nelson, of Harvey Danger, opened and accompanied Robyn on the later half of his preformance. He still sounds good, and together, they complimented each other nicely.

I'm not overly familiar with Robyn's body of work. Maybe because when he was on the scene, I was raising babies so I can sing along to more of Sesame Street then I can him. Glenn can claim to have had a few of his records, probably on cassette. Mainly, we thought he'd probably never be through here again, and at such an intimate venue. And I'm glad we went. He was equally engaging while chatting as he was singing. He no where near as evil as the shot I captured here.

I found a link that reviews the whole preformance if you'd like to check it out. I'm not familiar with the writer...

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Way cool effect with the moving arm ripple thing! (I'm sure there's a technical term for it but I wouldn't know)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.