23 September 2007

park life

park life

I neglected to tell anyone who may care, that we were heading to Chicago for a few days. To anyone who lives vicariously though these photos, my apologies for leaving you hanging for a couple days. I'm also truly sorry if your life is that sad.

You may be familiar with Millennium Park as the home of "the bean", but these two water towers also reside there. This is the first time I've been up close to them. Mainly because it's the first time I've seen them on a summer(ish) night. The high had been near ninety, so the water that falls from the towers was getting plenty of use still at 8pm. Every few minutes, water comes jetting out of one of the mouths and kids scramble to get under the spit. What a amazing work of public art! Creative, unique and fun. Almost makes me wish I lived in Chicago.

Almost.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Photo.. This is one of your best ever !!

KT

amy said...

Super-coolio shot. Great, thanks. Now I feel even worse that we forgot our camera when we went to Millenium Park.

Jeff said...

I'm a big fan of the big silver suppository (the bean of course) but I've never been there with my kids. Thanks for the reminder... we'll have to make sure to stop by the next time we pass through!

Miss Mrs...a blog of everyday delights said...

This photo is amazing! Do you have a FLICKR account? This looks like it needs to be blown up, frramed, and hung in my living room. It's gorgeouS!!!!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.