18 July 2007

cherish youth, but trust old age

cherish youth, but trust old age

My Mom's Mom, age 17. Luke requested I make her "chocolate cookies with the marshmallow on them" for his birthday earlier this month. Which I did. He also asked for the recipe but I hadn't gotten around to sending it yet. Since I was posting her photo, I thought this would be a good opportunity to just share it with all! My additions in italics.

>>Gramma Revling's Chocolate Cookies<<
3/4 cup lard (half butter, half crisco)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 heaping tab cocoa
>>Mix together until smooth.
3/4 cup sour milk (a dash of vinegar will sour it)
with 1/2 teasp. (baking)soda dissolved in the sour milk.
1/2 teasp. cream tartar sifted in
2 cups flour
2/3 cup walnuts (optional for me, please)
1 teasp. vanilla
pinch salt.
>>Bake. (7-8 minutes at 375• is about right.)
Then put 1/2 marshmallow on, put back in oven short time, (don't let marshmallow brown, just puff up a bit) then frost with chocolate frosting—
1 lb. pd. sugar
2 tab. cocoa
vanilla
milk or cream to soften
(go easy on the milk, you don't want it too runny. allow cookies to cool completely first. enjoy!)

He wanted my recipe for Monster Cookies too, which through the magic of the interweb, resides here!

2 comments:

Luke said...

Oh man, those cookies are awesome. Awesome.

ALT - [f r a m e s] said...

come over and bake them for us.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.