28 June 2007

symphony in blue

symphony in blue

Concerts on the Square is a 40 year tradition in Madison. A few thousand people with wine-stocked coolers throw blankets on the capital square lawn to enjoy a free symphony! Yesterday's weather could not have been better to kick off the season!

This young lady, Stephanie Smith, sat in with the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra last evening. I didn't catch her age. Young. I'm sure when I was that age I was...bored. You kids today and your cellos! Why when I was young, all we had was buckets that we beat with sticks. If the bucket could be placed on an unsuspecting sibling's head first? Even better.

I think it's safe to guess, Miss Smith once forced her little brother's head into her cello. Then sat on him while she plucked the strings.

No comments:

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.