14 June 2007

real progress

real progress

I scanned these in in the order I thought they were taken. But since I was able to tone down the contrast a bit, I can now see there is something white sitting in front of the cookie jar in the last panel. So, they probably aren't gone, as I initially thought. You'll notice the clock is also at a later time in panel four. And yes, I did think, why would he stop to shave in the middle of eating cookies, but mind games were a small hobby of his. A stunt like changing the time on a clock for the posterity of future generations viewing these images, was not beyond his realm of thinking.

5 comments:

John the Monkey said...

I've just spent about 20 minutes browsing these, they're great.

I love the invention and humour of them, and what a wonderful project you've undertaken - I wish you every success with it Kitty, and hope you'll continue to share the results with us.

ALT - [f r a m e s] said...

HAHAH, I thought it was heavy creamy milk - not shaving cream!

bon bon said...

thank you, john! these are a pleasure to share.

alt, i never thought of that! it's possible as they did bring in cream from the milk house. i just looked at the original photo, but it's hard to tell.

bon bon said...

Jamie and Luke,
does that dining set look familiar? i believe he built it.

ALT - [f r a m e s] said...

Sounds like you gramps was nutty enough to shave with cow's milk.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.