11 April 2007

coming to a theatre near you

coming to a theatre near you

Tomorrow begins the Wisconsin Film Fest! This is my fourth year volunteering, and the reason you may not see many posts from me in the next four days. I'm scheduled to put in twenty hours, in addition to our viewing four movies. I'll be hopping around like a bunny on crack!

gp took this shot in 2005. I was preoccupied taking tickets or something. The Majestic here has been going through some trouble and is changing hands, so it is not participating in the fest this year. Even though it's one of those grand old theatres, I'm glad I won't be working in it. The screen had been removed, so we were required to take it down each night and replace it in the morning, so the night club patrons wouldn't throw their bottles on it, or hurl on it, or do whatever night club hooligans do. This year I work the MMoCA theatre! First class this year, baby! I've never been in that theatre as it's a fairly new facility, but my fingers are crossed that this is an inside job, seeing we got six inches of wet, sloppy snow today, and it's not looking particularly warm over the course of the weekend! Let the college kids work those damp, dark threatres! My creeky old bones require warmth. Really, isn't it enough, I volunteer?

6 comments:

thechrisproject said...

I can't wait! I have tickets to 6 or 7 shows and I'm very excited. I'll have my camera with me too. Not sure if I'm seeing any films at the MMoCA or not.

bon bon said...

tonight, we're seeing Chalk and Heart of an Empire at the union. if you go and you're sitting in front of me, making sure your tattoo is showing so i can pick you out. ;oD

thechrisproject said...

I'm seeing a movie tonight at the MMoCA, but it looks like you'll be gone. I'll be taking pics at the Leslie and the Lys show at Montmartre tonight too. I'll try to wear a tank top to show off my tattoo... and my guns! Stupid flabby guns...

ALT - [f r a m e s] said...

I have a feeling that every movie at the the WI Film Festival will be better than "300."

:/

bon bon said...

chris–i worked the MMoCA that night til midnight friday! i was the one telling people which line to get in.

dan–"300" wasn't bad. in a graphic novel, come to life, kind of way. i'm sure it was better then "linda, linda, linda" according to my husband.

thechrisproject said...

Aha! Well, now I know what you look like and will say "hi" if I ever see you again. I saw The Boss of it All there Friday night.

older stuff

little known facts

My Photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.