09 March 2007

can i get an amen?

can i get an amen?

It was our intent to see the Rev. Horton Heat in concert Wednesday night. Alas, when we arrived, the show was sold out. Damn all you kids and your love of rockabilly! And get off my lawn!! Instead we ventured to the bar below the one he was playing and cried into our chocolate martinis. Well, Cupcake Wahini and I had the chocolate martinis. Our husbands ordered manly drinks named after power tools. Actually, gp ordered a Clockwork Orange, which is what I had last time we were there.

But I digress. This photo of the rev, was taken when we saw him back in 1999. Madison still had a little club called Bullwinkle's, digital cameras were for the elite, and Bush had yet to lead our nation down the path to hell. How times have changed.

No comments:

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.