14 February 2007
Valentine's day greetings to the both of you reading this! If you're a couple, all the better. This lovely lensbaby shot was modeled by my pal, mybuell, stop over and say hey!
And now a serious note to Wisconsin drivers in winter. If you are sensitive to bloggers who bitch, or are a smart and considerate driver, you have no need to read any farther. As for the rest of you:
It snowed, yesterday. And it was slippery. I understand your need to drive slow...yesterday. Today the roads were clear and ice free, and many around you were going 72mph. Feel free to do the same. Yes, you should probably take extra caution when entering and exiting the ramps. They are indeed a little slushy and still have slippery spots. However, here's where it's NOT slippery...everywhere a car went in the ditch the day before! Why do you feel the need to slow down every two miles to view the snow covered auto twenty feet off the road? Will it suddenly speed back onto the interstate without warning? Don't you think that if it could do that, it wouldn't be buried up to the floorboards? Or lying on it's side?! Yes, it's scary to think bad weather causes this predicament, but there is no perimeter of bad weather currently surrounding this vehicle. I assure you, you are in no additional danger being in it's vicinity. I'll also personally guarantee there is no polar bear, arctic gorilla, or swarm of killer Canadian bees about to materialize from said vehicle.
Hey! Thanks for listening! Come back tomorrow as the forecast calls for clear skies so I should be in a reasonable state of mind once again! And happy travels! :oD
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (160)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (123)
- me & abe
- break glass to sound alarm
- bird bath and lilacs
- mild mannered shoe saleman by day...
- Cub, pre-sideburns
- bear, cub
- DJ Nigel doing some scratchin'
- this is the city...
- the lookout
- algonquin square table
- singular boy
- now with 37% more monster!
- this could mean trouble
- spin the spinner and call the shots
- as far as the eye(s) can see: redux
- a friday night commute in wisconsin
- where there's more for your life
- walk the walk
- a kodak moment
- ▼ February (23)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.