09 February 2007
I am happy to report, we were not the oldest attendees at the Rhett Miller concert last night. Apparently, he has fans in the 50-60 range. It's only a matter of time, however, before I qualify as the fossil singing out of my range along with a bunch of 20-somethings, as I tend to like music that the "kids" like.
Anyway, this kid thoroughly enjoyed herself. When Rhett came through Madison last year, he had an entourage backing him. This time, it was just him and his guitar in a smaller venue. A more intimate experience. If flying sweat and spit is your idea of intimate. And if you think about that sentence...but I don't want to embarrass Cupcake Wahini who may be reading, so I won't continue.
Older songs from his days with the Old 97's, like Barrier Reef and 19 were full fledged, semi-drunken sing-a-longs. Which I suppose is part of the charm of a live performance, but I tend to want to hear the person I paid to see. Call me fickle. But it was obvious Rhett was having a good time and it carried through into the crowd, so yes, I was right there belting out Question towards the end. Then, as he does live some times, he added a verse in French. This is when only his voice is heard and a scan of the audience shows doe-eyed hotties committing him to memory as to use this whole experience to enhance their next sexual encounter. Sorry Wahini.
(This is the best sounding video i could find. Luckily our crowd wasn't this loud.)
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (160)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (123)
- me & abe
- break glass to sound alarm
- bird bath and lilacs
- mild mannered shoe saleman by day...
- Cub, pre-sideburns
- bear, cub
- DJ Nigel doing some scratchin'
- this is the city...
- the lookout
- algonquin square table
- singular boy
- now with 37% more monster!
- this could mean trouble
- spin the spinner and call the shots
- as far as the eye(s) can see: redux
- a friday night commute in wisconsin
- where there's more for your life
- walk the walk
- a kodak moment
- ▼ February (23)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.