01 November 2006

tin type pup


Here I was all set to trash talk blogger some more, and my photo popped right it. Now I have to think up polite things to say instead!

This photo was taken last year at this time. A few of us went to the Chicago SOFA Expo (no, not couches), and I managed to get a few shots taken before being scolded. In years past, I took plenty of pictures, but now that I appear to have a more professional looking camera, they fear I'm going to run home and... well, I don't know what, but I still see lots of people with their little point and shoots happily snapping away. Anyway, that's fine. If we get to it this year, I'll just take a sketch pad.

This, by the way, is a purse! Made up of old tin cans and toys. Not a practical purse mind you, but I wanted it just the same. I think it ran $1500, but I don't recall. It was completely out of my league. As is everything at SOFA. But the show is wildly inspirational/depressing because you leave there with all your creative juices flowing, then remember you work in a creative department that is that in name only and you don't make enough to afford real art.

No comments:

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.