03 October 2006

welcome spelunkers


My parents live half an hour from the little town of Rudolph, Wisconsin, and every time we go up for a visit, we stop and get our fill of cheese. I hate to stereotype my own home state in this way, but it's the best damn cheese you've ever eaten! Especially the fresh curds. If you've never had squeaky curds, you haven't lived, my friend.

This tiny hamlet's other (only) famous stop, is the Rudolph Grotto. Which I'll just let the link describe as I wouldn't know where to begin, or if you're even that interested. But I did stop this last time up and took a few shots, this being one of them.

Potato-chop: I took some artistic license and toned down the color here, then applied the lighting effect filter to just one channel and faded that back a bit, which produced this highly detailed look. Making the rocks appear especially craggy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your poetic Gothness of your pix - One can only imagine the delightfully sinful things that go on behind the spiked gate whispers the Black Orchid!

bon bon said...

since the grotto is a place where catholics come to pray and reflect, probably not. but not being catholic, i'm all for delightfully sinful anything!

Anonymous said...

hey, now! Us "raised in Wisconsin as Catholics with 4 (count 'em 4!) aunts that were nuns" folks had to stop there at LEAST once a year to pray and reflect quietly and piously... no sin allowed! :)

bon bon said...

you're catholic. no sin allowed...period.
;o)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.