03 October 2006
My parents live half an hour from the little town of Rudolph, Wisconsin, and every time we go up for a visit, we stop and get our fill of cheese. I hate to stereotype my own home state in this way, but it's the best damn cheese you've ever eaten! Especially the fresh curds. If you've never had squeaky curds, you haven't lived, my friend.
This tiny hamlet's other (only) famous stop, is the Rudolph Grotto. Which I'll just let the link describe as I wouldn't know where to begin, or if you're even that interested. But I did stop this last time up and took a few shots, this being one of them.
Potato-chop: I took some artistic license and toned down the color here, then applied the lighting effect filter to just one channel and faded that back a bit, which produced this highly detailed look. Making the rocks appear especially craggy!
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (160)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (123)
- ► 2007 (235)
- it's official. i'm pissed.
- bloody hell...
- what do you mean, it's not underwater?
- i'm the mare of this one-horse town!
- seems like fire is their main concern out east
- two if by sea
- fire station 2323
- 6:00pm e.s.t.
- a capital view
- cobblestones in providence
- but you can see the pug through the trees
- chlorophyll be damned!
- now for my next trick...
- gus the gnome
- do i have glitter on my teeth?
- baby, if you've ever wondered...
- don't ask me about the packers either
- can't teach those cows how to pedal anyway
- nick's on state
- what can go wrong jumping in the leaves?
- shooting the moon
- dog's eye view
- march of the candy corn
- welcome spelunkers
- think your cat is smarter than mine?
- get a slant of da pins on dat tomato, louie
- ▼ October (27)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.