15 October 2006
now for my next trick...
Cub played main care giver, and named them. Cubby Junior was healthy and unhurt, and within a few short weeks was flying around the house, pooping on your shoulder. Gary had broken his foot in the fall and hobbled on his ankle. He was flying quickly too, but his landing was less graceful. When it came time to release them, Cubby Jr. flew in a nearby tree, sang to us a little then moved on. Gary had reservations and wouldn't leave the ground. We worried he'd be an easy target, so we brought him back in until he got a little stronger. We'd take him outside several times each day and eventually he'd fly from your hand to a tree. Finally, we could leave him outside. The next morning at dawn he was back on our doorstep singing for breakfast.
For a month, he came and went. We have photos of him by the sink, by the stove, on our shoulder, etc. I'd like to think he found a lovely girl and settled down somewhere, but we also gave him the false hope of trusting humans. Which each of us is well aware that can backfire.
I can only hope he continued to land on friendly shoulders the remainder of his days.
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (160)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (123)
- ► 2007 (235)
- it's official. i'm pissed.
- bloody hell...
- what do you mean, it's not underwater?
- i'm the mare of this one-horse town!
- seems like fire is their main concern out east
- two if by sea
- fire station 2323
- 6:00pm e.s.t.
- a capital view
- cobblestones in providence
- but you can see the pug through the trees
- chlorophyll be damned!
- now for my next trick...
- gus the gnome
- do i have glitter on my teeth?
- baby, if you've ever wondered...
- don't ask me about the packers either
- can't teach those cows how to pedal anyway
- nick's on state
- what can go wrong jumping in the leaves?
- shooting the moon
- dog's eye view
- march of the candy corn
- welcome spelunkers
- think your cat is smarter than mine?
- get a slant of da pins on dat tomato, louie
- ▼ October (27)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.