12 October 2006
do i have glitter on my teeth?
I enjoy Halloween. It's at a great time of year, there's plenty of chocolate to go around, and if your prehensile tail is showing, no one judges you because they think it's part of your costume.
We don't go too wild on the decorations. Our dining room has a large window that faces the street so we put out some creepy toys, light some candles and hang our Nightmare Before Christmas movie poster. Unfortunately, this large window also allows us to see the decorations of the house directly across from ours. Being a designer myself, I'm all for more with less. I don't think this home owner has ever heard of such a movement. Movement, actually is a better word for what she does. A witch here, green lights there, a plastic ghost to the left, tombstones to the right...you could reach out and touch some tchotchke from any point in her yard . This continues from now until Easter. When the Halloween crap comes down, the Thanksgiving crap goes up, followed by Christmas, Valentine's, St. Patrick's day, then Easter. I never have to wonder what holiday lays ahead, I just have to look out my window.
Other then the 4th of July, she slows down considerably during the warmer months. Probably busy untangling all those lights.
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (160)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (123)
- ► 2007 (235)
- it's official. i'm pissed.
- bloody hell...
- what do you mean, it's not underwater?
- i'm the mare of this one-horse town!
- seems like fire is their main concern out east
- two if by sea
- fire station 2323
- 6:00pm e.s.t.
- a capital view
- cobblestones in providence
- but you can see the pug through the trees
- chlorophyll be damned!
- now for my next trick...
- gus the gnome
- do i have glitter on my teeth?
- baby, if you've ever wondered...
- don't ask me about the packers either
- can't teach those cows how to pedal anyway
- nick's on state
- what can go wrong jumping in the leaves?
- shooting the moon
- dog's eye view
- march of the candy corn
- welcome spelunkers
- think your cat is smarter than mine?
- get a slant of da pins on dat tomato, louie
- ▼ October (27)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.